Monday, October 9, 2017

Short and sweet

Received 7/24/2017


I don't want to bore you all with a long email, so I'll be very brief.
I heard that Zuka died yesterday, and I'm grateful for all the people
that cared and looked after her. She was such an amazing dog, and it's
sad to hear that she's gone.

My week was honestly a roller coaster. There have been some amazing
moments, and some poor moments... I'll just give you a high-low list.

High:
We met and have helped everyone one of our good friends this week.
Low:
Every single one of those good friends is moving away at the end of this week.

High:
We set up and helped organized an amazing dance for the young single
adults here.
Low:
Not allowed to dance. Or be there. Or anything.

High:
Met many random people that were very interested in our message.
Low:
Most of them just want us to help them find german wives. (I'm serious)

And that's it!

Plus: I cut my own hair, and did a decent job I think!

But all time high of the week was just the many moments where I
realized how happy service can make you. If you feel unhappy, bored,
empty, etc. just find someone to serve. It'll change your perspective
on life.

Love you all!
Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment