Monday, October 9, 2017

meetings, meetings, meetings

received 7/17/2017


This week was busy and I haven't had any time to breathe... but it was such an amazing week!  Man, I've lived some miracles in Jena! Here are some..

-a man decided to become active in the church again because he received an invitation for our musical fireside (from Easter...)

-Nadine, one of our good friends, talked to her grandma about the church... and it didn't go bad!!!
I have to add in that her Grandma is an East German through and through so we weren't expecting good things to come from a conversation about the church.  BUT GUESS WHAT!?!?  Nadine's Great Grandma's doctor was a Mormon, and is one of the heroes of their family.  (I love good mormons).  She also remembers when the temple was built in East Germany, and that she really wanted to see it, but the line was too long and she never was able to make it.  So we are inviting her to come tour the grounds with us soon!

-it doesn't sound super significant, but we honestly find exactly who we are looking for every time we go out of the apartment... (we don't really have time to street contact anymore because we run into too many of our friends on the street)

-and honestly there are tons more but I want to tell them after my mission.


I'm doing really well, happy as can be! The church is such a blessing, I'm so glad that I was born into a family that has always enjoyed those blessings!  I hear lots of missionaries say that they think it would be cool to be a convert into the church... I politely disagree haha.  I'm so glad that I know the primary songs, I don't know the difference between church words and regular words, I have met so many of my heroes through the church, I was born in Provo, Utah, etc.  It's just a good thing, this church. 

I love you all! Tell your dad thanks for baptizing you! 

Love,
Elder Openshaw

P.S I took no pictures this week... so here are some randoms from the computer at the church

No comments:

Post a Comment