Monday, October 9, 2017

Hello again

Received 9/4/2017
It's me, Elder Openshaw.  What's new in my life? Lots actually! First things first, I said goodbye to Elder Hsu as he got on the train to head off to his new area... Wow, it seems so strange to have a new companion.  Elder Hsu and I were together for six months in Jena, and I definitely have changed and learned a lot from the time that I was with him.  As our Mission President told us that he would be leaving Jena, he also told us, "I'm sorry that after half a year of good work that I have to seperate you two, but the Openshaw and Hsu dynasty is just beginning in the mission."
I am looking forward to going to Elder Hsu  in Taiwan someday.  

My new companion is Elder Matthew Larsen from good ole Provo, Utah.  Also from the Edgemont South Stake. This is his last transfer on the mission, so in four weeks I will get another new companion.  Elder Larsen is a great guy, and I'm super pumped for all the cool things that we've planned together.  Other new things....

-I am becoming a legend of Foosball (the one on the table)
-I've actually become decently artsy on my mission
-There are so many people in Jena with different life stories and I have been exposed to so many different cultures and ideas.
-The weather is cool enough here now that all the little kids are dressed back up in their MASSIVE snowsuits, cutest thing in the world. (if it wasn't strange, I would totally send a picture of these wagons that the kindergarten teachers wheel around.  There are probably 20 kids all loaded into these things all with huge coats and hats on. And they just go walking through the streets, I love it so much.)
-We found a new Döner place that's pretty good. Also discovered that at least 2 of our friends work there.
-I'm the last survivor in Jena, seriously everyone has moved away.  I love that I've been here so long though.
-My Chinese is still bad.  German still dece.

I feel so bad about this email, if I were you I honestly wouldn't read it. But who knows, maybe you'll find it more interesting than I do. 

Watch this video and be inspired, and then give someone you love a hug.  

I love you all, I'll hug you shortly... in a year.

Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment