Monday, October 9, 2017

Bye elder Hsu πŸ˜•

Received 8/21/2017


It's official, elder Hsu is leaving me! Six months of happy
companionship come to an end. But as president said on the phone, "now
the Hsu and Openshaw dynasty will begin."

I'm not really sure what that means... but I'm happy to have a
dynasty! Elder Hsu is leaving to serve in the Temple area on
Wednesday, so I'll still be seeing him plenty.

Well, what's new?

-My life is the same as it's been for the past year. It's a wonder
that you guys don't get bored of reading my emails. Or maybe you do...
sorry.

-The work is going better and better all the time. I feel like I'm
gonna master this thing right before I go home.

-We cooked a bunch of Chinese food for a bunch of people. Amazing how
many people show up when you offer free food!

-I finally woke up feeling well-rested one morning! And then I got up
and just started getting going, and then I realized that it was 4:30.
So I got back into bed, and then felt destroyed when the alarm went
off at 6:20.

-I played chess on the street with random people! And I discovered
that I am actually fairly good! But then this guy waited for about an
hour to play me, and I could tell that he was watching the other games
really closely. He DESTROYED me. It was honestly embarrassing. But he
was the only one that was victorious. I'll get my revenge someday,
Marius, someday.

Well. I've gotta go do something productive. Love you!

Elder Openshaw

1. Bruno.., foosball champion.
2. The infamous Marius, and my look of ignorant joy before he ended my career.
3. Luis, go to Leipzig! September 10th! (Saw this and thought of you)

No comments:

Post a Comment