Monday, May 1, 2017

Taiwan

Received 3/27/2017


It's strange to think that I'm in the middle of Germany right now, because everything in my life right now is Chinese and Taiwanese. I honestly love it so much! 

I'm honestly the happiest I've ever been my whole life, and I'm working harder that I have my whole life. It feels incredible to get up at 6:30 every morning, to study and learn and grow in a million different ways throughout the day. 

This week was amazing! Just one highlight for the email though... which was ending up finding the "India crew." Elder Hsu and I went to an appointment and when we knocked on the guys door, a group of Indian men answered. They invited us in and we sat down and just chatted for quite a while, then the topic changed to religion, and we ended up explaining the Book of Mormon and modern prophets. We were in this small little room, so only three of them were sitting talking with us, despite there being 15 people in this apartment (I have no idea what they were all doing there). After we explained to the first three, another three guys came in and asked us to explain again. That happened several times, and we ended up giving them all the Book of Mormon. The next day we played basketball and explained the church to another guy, and giving him a Book of Mormon as well. They are so excited to read, and I'm excited to see how they progress! 

I just want to say that happiness comes through fulfilling your potential, so I would encourage you all to do that. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Openshaw
šWéLÀÏ


1. Some of my favorite people!
2. Elder Hsu... not much more to say
3. Elder Hsu's normal seat on the bus

No comments:

Post a Comment