Thursday, May 4, 2017

Dragon Week!

Received 4/17/2017 





Elder Hsu and I just finished our "Dragon Week!" It was super intense,
and just an incredible week! We named it "dragon week" because at the
beginning of the transfer we had planned out all of our activities,
and this week was packed full of them!

We started out by having a street display on Tuesday. (Pictures
included) We used a huge Book of Mormon and big banner from the Prince
of Peace. It was tons of fun, and we all ended up having some great
conversations with people on the street.

We also had a street display Wednesday where we wrote a question on a
whiteboard and then asked people to answer it for us, and that was so
much fun! I got the chance to use my Chinese a lot, and we met tons of
people from different cultures and countries! Jena is incredibly
diverse, and I've discovered how useful it is to be an English native
speaker.
After the street display we prepared for the big activity for this
transfer! That was an Easter musical night at the church. Elder Hsu
and I planned an coordinated the whole thing, and it turned out to be
a huge success! We had 6 non-members and 3 less active members show
up, and 3 of the non-members actually performed!
I was the MC and prepared a presentation about the week before Easter.
I was honestly very nervous to be presenting in German for what was
planned to be a really classy evening. But as I got up to speak I felt
so calm and the german just came to me. There are moments of great
power that I have experienced on my mission, and I know that God will
always give me peace and the power to testify of his Son. There are
moments on my mission where I've realized that my whole life has led
me to this point, and I'm really grateful for that.

Thursday we had another busy day, and the highlight was when I stopped
someone on the street and spoke Chinese to them! They were super
surprised and it was incredible to watch their reaction. He only
believes in science, but still a cool experience haha.

Friday I went to Erfurt! We were on an exchange and I got to go to
this awesome ward Easter activity! I got to see all the people from my
first area! Some of the kids remembered me and came running up to tell
me that they remembered the scripture that we memorized together haha.
Super awesome day!

Saturday and Sunday were busy too, but you guys don't get to hear
about them. Sorry.

Read the scriptures and believe in Christ!

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Openshaw

1-2. Tuesday street display
3. District photo
4. Glamour shot on the random path through the woods
5-6. Wednesday street display

No comments:

Post a Comment