Monday, January 16, 2017

Frohe Weihnachten

email from 12/26/2016
 Schloss Arkaden
And the Volkswagen Factory out a train window
Merry Christmas everyone! I am having a blast here in Braunschweig!  It really is such a wonderland when it comes to mission work and just the beauty of the city.  It really does have so much potential... but sadly the ward and the people have to get warmed up to us first.  I also have to get warmed up to the west, it is a completely different mission here.  For example, everyone tries to speak english with us... which makes it really difficult for us to learn better German.  

Some cool things about my area are...
-There are 500,000 people in it
-Volkwagen pretty much has it's own city called Wolfsburg
-The bus system is really bad, and they never go where they say they are going to. 
-The people constantly say "Moin Moin"


We got to eat with some really awesome families this week, and I got to hear a lot of Dutch yesterday.  The funny thing about Dutch is that it kind of sounds like drunken German, and they have some pretty great accents.  There were these little dutch kids running all over the place while I was skyping, but they were seriously such good kids and they would just run around super quiet and try not to bug us while we were skyping.  I love the kids here, they are so awesome! 

I love you so much! 
Keep me updated on President Trump!

Love,
Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment