Monday, February 6, 2017

Best week yet!


This week was incredible! We had some amazing lessons, made some new
friends, and all in all just had a good week!
Tuesday we tried to go to the University and set up an appointment to
introduce ourselves to religion classes there... but the professor we
talked to didn't seem so excited about the prospect, and kicked us out
promptly. I think we will actually try again, and hopefully we catch
him on a better day haha.
Wednesday we picked up the Turkish speaking elders that are living
with us now. And then at mutual we hung out with the young men for a
bit.
Thursday we went finding and then taught English class, pretty boring day.
Friday, Bruder Herud set up a lesson for us with someone in the
hospital. So he picked us up and then was there for the lesson. It was
a great lesson, and the guy is super excited to read the Book of
Mormon. Then we went and I got my German Driver's license, then we had
an eating appointment with the new elders. The family made so much
food, but I was feeling good and just kept eating. I think I ate twice
as much as the other elders, and the new elders were impressed that I
could pack down so much food. Then we had another appointment with
José and Angela, but this time came prepared to Skype the Spanish
speaking elders.
Saturday we played sports at the church and then a young man from the
ward came with us for the whole day. We went finding and then later we
had the most awesome lesson ever! It was with Uli, one of our
investigators, and when he prayed with us we all ended up staying on
our knees for like 10 minutes in total silence. It honestly felt like
how it's supposed to feel out here. It felt like we were helping
someone change their life.
Sunday was awesome as always.
And today has been crazy busy, so I might not be able to get a much
needed haircut haha. Hopefully we can fit it in though!

I love Germany, and I love the gospel! Read the scriptures and pray, I
love you all!
Love,
Elder Openshaw

Oh wait! I forgot that I randomly bought quail eggs this week. A young
man in the ward sells them.

No comments:

Post a Comment