Monday, November 14, 2016

Narenweckens

Hello everyone! Quick disclaimer... I'm learning the art of being very
blunt from the East German masters.

This week started off crazy, and persisted the whole way through.
Something you ought to know about Germany, they love their
events/holidays. There was this holiday on Wednesday, and it has
totally become one of my new favorites. It's called St. Martin's day,
and you should all look it up. Seriously the coolest thing ever! It's
a mix of trick-or-treating and caroling, with an awesome message
behind it.



Then the day after that, the other elders in our apartment got a call
and one of them got transferred the next day to Cottbus (which is
totally ghetto), but he kinda deserved it... he fell in love with one
of his investigators. She is goth, he is very strange, yeah it was a
weird week. But the new elder is Elder Chadwick, and he is super cool.
He's from Chandler, AZ and we get along great. I'm very happy with the
change haha.


There was also another holiday on 11/11 called Narenweckens... I still
have no idea what it was. All the sudden all the street trains stopped
and there were a ton of pretty girls marching around in funny hats.
Then everyone would do cheers and yells... I think it is just an
Erfurt thing, but maybe I'm wrong haha. But I was asking people all
over the street what it was... and nobody could really explain it.


We also have some crazy investigators, and they are all so awesome.
Phillip, a brand new one, is such a champ. And I can't wait for him to
be baptized.

Well I actually don't have much time to email today because we were
hanging out with Phillip and now it's time to head back to our
apartment. But I love you all!

-Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment