Monday, November 7, 2016

Erfurter blau

 I think it's official.  We have the world's most dapper missionary on our hands!  -Aunt Jen
This week honestly was the best ever. Halloween in East Germany is
interesting. All the old people HATE it haha. And they don't answer
the door when the little kids come "süßes oder saures"ing. And some
little kids are too scared to go out because teenagers all dress up as clowns and run around with knives and chainsaws. Germany.

We also had a crazy service project for a very crazy woman. We built a retaining wall in her garden, but she was very German about it haha. It was the first time in a garden service project that I have ever had a table and paper and a calculator to do calculations. Luckily Elder Römer is a mechanic/engineer, and super good at all that stuff. So we didn't get yelled at too much.

I guess the theme of my week was crazy East German ladies. But I love them so much! Seriously I just can't help but smile when they start yelling hahaha. We taught this lady named Frau Lösch this week. And she pretty much yelled about trump the whole time. I'm not sure why she cares so much... but then we ended up being such good friends. It was funny because she doesn't really like Elder Römer but she loves me.

This week ended with an awesome party at the church! Herbst Fest! I
need Lieder Hosen statt! I was way underdressed wearing my white shirt and tie.

Ok, love you all!
-Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment