Monday, October 17, 2016

Wonder Week

I was so discouraged at the start of this week.  I have been praying so hard for just an ounce of success.  Literally just one person to stop and listen to what we had to say.  I have honestly been trying to talk to everyone on the street.  I can get everyone to stop and talk for a little bit, but they just walk away as soon as I start to talk about the church... haha German people are very blunt too.

I was getting a little frustrated because I had been trying my best all day.  Literally stopping everyone that I had the chance to.  But nobody was talking to me.  Then I saw this guy and I knew I had to stop him, (I have some self challenges to stop the most scary-looking, angry, rushed people).  And this guy looked pretty rushed and angry.  So I went up and asked him what the family meant to him...

Well it turns out that he used to be a DJ in Finland, but one day he woke up and realized that he wasn't happy.  Quit smoking, quit a bunch of drugs.  And started reading the bible to try and find the truth.  Honestly he was an answer to my prayers.

This German mission business is no joke.  Literally we are on our own out here just trying to get people to talk to us.  It leaves lots of room for God to bless us.  

I love you all.  I'm loving Erfurt and Weimar. 

-Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment