Monday, October 24, 2016

Me vs. East Germany

This week flew by!  We are doing well here and working super hard.  Sadly this week we had pretty much every appointment get bailed on.  But we actually did well in improvising and teaching random people off the street.  

The ward here is super cool.  There are 3 big families that pretty much do everything, and tons of little kids.  All the other elders are jealous because the kids love me the most.  I took a page out of my dad's book and brought random toys and treats.  I gave this boy Friedrich a little toy car and then he asked to sit by me in sacrament meeting.  Then he talked the entire time... haha I didn't understand really anything of what he was saying because he was whispering and talking really fast.  But his Dad, the bishop, was staring me down as I was trying to get his son to pay attention haha.  Well I hope that the kids will help me find someone to baptize.  

There is this family called the Mill's that speak perfect english and they always tease me for my love of all things German.  But that's pretty much my job... just walk around and love everything.  Then I figure that everything will work itself out.  This woman gave me the weirdest look today because I was just beaming at the haltestelle.  It was amazing. 

Love you all!

-Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment