Monday, December 18, 2017

Trains









I would love to look up how many miles I travelled this week, it seems like it was quite a few. We went to Berlin and back... twice. I went to Dresden, Chemnitz, Mittweida, and plenty of other places. So the first picture defines what a lot of the last week has been like, people trying to take pictures of me asleep on trains. Somehow I have a magical ability to wake up and catch people before they snag a pic... but we'll see if the magic lasts. 

All of my pictures are from my two Berlin trips, so you can enjoy some typical German touristy things. 

How am I doing? Fantastic! This week our ward had a Christmas party, complete with a full blown play put on by the members! It was so hilarious to see everyone decked out in costumes and doing their thing all week long. This ward is something special! I'll see if I can track down any pictures. 

Funny moment of the week: (PG-13) I was on companion exchange with a fairly new missionary and we came across a Chinese student while street contacting. I stopped him and started speaking a very odd mixture of Chinese, English, and German. A while into the conversation, the new missionary chimed in with the one phrase that I had taught him in Chinese... "我没有包皮!" Which I had told him meant, "I don't speak Chinese." ...... That doesn't mean that you don't speak Chinese. Look it up at your own peril. 
Somehow we moved on with the conversation, though this Chinese man was now very intrigued. And found out regardless that he would love to hear more about the Book of Mormon! 

Oh, and if you're wondering how good my Chinese is... pretty horrible is the answer. No joke, I speak enough to stop and entertain someone for 30 seconds... and then it's game over. But sometimes that's all you need in Chinese here! I've literally started praying that they don't ask me to give a homecoming talk in the Chinese Ward in my stake.... That would be a nightmare haha. 

Well, if I had anything important to tell you guys, I forgot it. Sorry
Please pray that I don't have to give a homecoming talk in the Chinese Ward! Thanks!

Love you!

Elder Openshaw 

No comments:

Post a Comment