Monday, November 20, 2017

At the temple



Wow, it is amazing here in Freiberg.  There are so many cool members and this area is amazing!  I have already had tons of great experiences.  I have honestly had all of the best areas in my mission, all the other elders are very jealous.  

Highlights of this week: 

1. Bernd for the last time, I will miss that man.  He was such a big influence on my time in Jena.  For those of you who don't know, Bernd is an 80 year old man that we help every week.  He has a huge garden and lots of projects, so we always have something to do.  He is strong and healthy, and I would have never guessed that he is 80 years old.  I'll include a picture of him, so you can get the whole picture.

2. Saying goodbye to all of the friends in Jena.  The branch in Jena changed my life more than any other people that I've ever met.  I learned so many things about myself and the world in my 8 months in that town.  I was glad for the chance to see many people before I headed off to the temple.  

3. Jumping straight into the fire here in Freiberg.  HOLY COW! There is so much going on in this ward building!  It's such a dream for mission work.  I hope to meet many many members and then eventually meet many many friends of members.  We started off my time with a huge RS party! We had the wonderful opportunity of serving the food, looking after 3 devil children, and trying to be reverent and patient at the same time.  

you know, there's too much going on at the church right now for me to be able to send real emails to you guys.  sooooooooo... here are some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment