Monday, December 12, 2016

Westward Bound




Everyone cry a blue tear for me because I'm leaving Erfurt this
Wednesday... just before Christmas. I seriously wasn't expecting it at
all, and I thought that I would stay at least until January. But
honestly President Fingerle is one of the most faithful and inspired
people I've ever met, so I look forward to what's in store for me in
the West.
My next area will be Braunschweig (Brunswick), in West Germany! I have
been told by almost everyone that it is like a completely different
mission in the West. That people want to talk to the missionaries, and
that everyone tries to speak English with us... (that I'm not super
excited about). As of right now, I don't know who my companion will
be. But next week I'll have all the information.
Braunschweig I know is a really historic city, and that it was bombed
during the war. And I know that I have heard other things about it
before the mission but I can't remember haha. So you could all send me
a cool fact about it if you want to use google for me haha.

I have learned so much from my time here in Erfurt, and I will always
be so grateful for the people here, and the people that got me here.
There is nothing more spectacular than doing mission work, and nothing
more amazing than the light that the gospel brings in a generally dark
place.
This week we went and visited a lady who had been inactive for a
really long time, she was really lonely and had been having a super
hard time. She showed up at church and immediately this old guy in the
ward went up and hugged her. And then he went up to one of the other
missionaries, and just said thank you with a tear running down his
face. Those things just make what we are trying to do worth it.

I am going to miss Silvio, I hope you like the awesome picture I sent
of him! He always is showing off how he looked in his model days haha.

Love you all!

Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment